Thursday 31 July 2014

My Little Art Project




Having spent most of August indoors I had a surge in my creativity last week and decided to redecorate my place. Although the job of decorating is never done, I've decided to change the whole theme of the apartment, big job ahead indeed. But last week was the 1 year anniversary of our first date and Jules made me dinner which was very lovely of him. 

These are currently hanging on my bedroom wall, the typewriter print is from Ikea. It never seizes to amaze me just how exciting going to Ikea is and I always come back with stuff I didn't intend to buy in the first place. The idea came to me when I was browsing Etsy for prints and thought, hang on I can do these too. I've always worked with Acrylic paints so this time I chose watercolour, I really like watercolour paintings especially fashion drawings. Something about the transparency and texture of the paint really appeals to me.

Sophie (his dog next to him) was actually an accident. I was opening a tube of new paint and it splattered onto the paper (oh the screaming and frustration that followed). Then, while I was staring at the mustard yellow on the paper thinking how I'm going to clean that up I suddenly thought of Sophie. She was a Labrador, Labrador are that kind of colour! And so here she is, for my one it just wouldn't make any sense not to put my cat Joe in there too. 

It took less time than I had expected having had little to no experience working with watercolour. But I find these 2 quite charming and they're one of a kind. 

Whenever I start missing you I shall look at these and smile :)


No comments:

Post a Comment